Red rice is considered to be a better alternative to white rice, and rightly so. It is packed with antioxidants, fiber, and Vitamin B6 to help you stay healthy and fit. It is low in carbs and has zero cholesterol. Hence, you can indulge in your favorite biryani without guilt if you try this delicious red rice biryani!
½ cup red rice
2 small green chilies
¼ chopped green beans
¼ cup corn
10 cloves of garlic
½ inch ginger
¼ cup curd
Spices of your choice
Ready-made biryani masala (optional)
Ghee or cooking oil of your choice
For the vegetables:
- Add your chopped carrot, capsicum, potato, and one tomato and onion to a bowl
- Add the diced paneer
- Add the curd and spices according to your flavor into the bowl
- Mix it well
Into a pressure cooker:
- Add cooking oil or ghee of your choice
- Once it heats up, add your vegetable marinate into the pressure cooker
- Add rice to the cooker
- Since red rice requires more water to cook, add 2 cups of water to the cooker
- Let it cook for 2 whistles on full flame and then on low flame for 1 whistle
- After the steam is released from the cooker, add some biryani masala and stir well
- Serve hot with curd and papad
There you have it, a delicious and simple red rice biryani.
If you are diabetic or are looking for a heart-healthy diet, this red rice biryani is the perfect addition to your diet. It is not only delicious but also very nutritious.
Read More: How Can Red Rice Help In Weight Loss?
The quality of your red rice will greatly affect the nutrition you get out of it. Ensure that your rice is unpolished and unadulterated. Him Shakti’s red rice is a great option for the same reasons. It is not tampered with, colored or polished. If you want to try this delicious red rice biryani, buy Him-Shakti red rice now!